Board of Regents Accepting Applicants for Vacant At-large Seat
Article by DMC College Relations Office
The Del Mar College (DMC) Board of Regents announced today during the May 11 regular meeting the process for filling the At-large seat left vacant due to the passing of Regent Hector Salinas last month. The Board is now accepting the required documents for their consideration for an appointment to the At-large seat.
Individuals interested in filling the vacant seat must submit the prescribed materials for consideration by the Board. Criteria include:
- Candidate must be a resident of Texas (at least one year) and the Del Mar College District (at least six months) and be a registered voter. The Del Mar College District includes all of the area within the Calallen, Corpus Christi, Flour Bluff, Tuloso-Midway and West Oso Independent School Districts, as well as within the boundaries (city limits) of the City of Corpus Christi. For a complete list of eligibility requirements, go to: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/docs/el/htm/el.141.htm or contact DMC General Counsel Augustin Rivera, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-692-8644.
- Candidate should submit 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume and 3) up to five letters of reference addressing their qualifications. Requested documents may be submitted to the Office of General Counsel on behalf of the President's Office by one of the following ways:
- U.S. Mail: Office of General Counsel, Del Mar College, 101 Baldwin Blvd.,Corpus Christi, TX 78404-3897
- In-person: By appointment only due to restricted access to campus facilities. Email email@example.com or call 361-692-8644.
- Electronically: Fax to 361-698-1196 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant materials must be received by noon Friday, June 4.
The Board will review applicant materials during closed session during their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, June 8. Selected applicants should be prepared for interviews with Board members during a special called meeting on Friday, June 11, during Closed Session. The selected individual also will be sworn-in that same day during Open Session.
The appointed individual will fill the At-large seat for the remainder of the term, which runs through 2024.
The Del Mar College Board of Regents includes nine regents in a modified single-member district configuration. The Del Mar College District boundaries can be found on the map using the following link: https://www.delmar.edu/regents-and-community/board-of-regents/_resources/election/dmc-single-member-district-map-2012.pdf
DMC Board of Regents web pages are available at: https://www.delmar.edu/regents-and-community/board-of-regents/index.html
Del Mar College empowers students to achieve their dreams. We offer quality programs, individual attention, outstanding instruction through faculty with real-world experience and affordable costs to credit and noncredit students in Corpus Christi and the South Texas Coastal Bend area. Nationally recognized while locally focused, we’re ranked in the top two percent of community colleges in the country granting associate degrees to Hispanic students (Community College Week). Del Mar College focuses on offering our students programs that match current or emerging career opportunities. Whether students are interested in the fine arts, sciences, business, occupational or technical areas, students get the education they need for the future they want at Del Mar College.