Corporate Services offering “Corporate College” Leadership Series for businesses seeking training close to home
Article by: Melinda Eddleman
For businesses with limited training and travel budgets, Del Mar College’s (DMC) “Corporate College” Leadership Series is the answer to accessing world-class professional development without having to leave the Coastal Bend. The series draws from two providers of performance improvement and leadership development, Franklin Covey™and Development Dimensions International (DDI®).Offered through the DMC Workforce Programs and Corporate Services Division, the College is the only Franklin Covey™ and DDI® education partner in the area. All courses are held at Del Mar’s Center for Economic Development, located at 3209 S. Staples.
Courses available from April through July include:
• April 25: Communicating for Leadership SuccessThis four-hour course covers the “Interaction Essentials” needed to handle the variety of challenges and opportunities encountered every day in the workplace and beyond.
• May 23: The 5 Choices to Extraordinary ProductivityThis one-day course empowers participants with clear discernment to avoid distractions and accomplish goals that matter most both professionally and personally.
• June 6: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective PeopleThis special one-day course is the world’s premier personal leadership development solution that helps participants not only learn to be more effective but also shows how to use processes and tools to live and apply the “7 Habits” every day.
• June 27: Communicating for Leadership SuccessSecond opportunity to take this four-hour course addressing “Interaction Essentials.”
• July 23: The 4 Essential Roles of LeadershipThis one-day course develops leaders who can master the necessary skills within a unique framework that focuses on who a leader is and what a leader does.
Cost varies per person per course. Businesses may be eligible for tuition funds through the Texas Workforce Commission’s Skills for Small Business grant. To discuss grant eligibility, call 698-2408 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the Del Mar College “Corporate College” Leadership Series, course cost, times and more course details, visit www.delmar.edu/continuing-education/corporate-services/corporate-college.html.
To register for these courses, call the Center for Economic Development at 698-1328.
Del Mar College empowers students to achieve their dreams. We offer quality programs, individual attention, outstanding instruction through faculty with real-world experience and affordable costs to credit and noncredit students in Corpus Christi and the South Texas Coastal Bend area. Nationally recognized while locally focused, we’re ranked in the top two percent of community colleges in the country granting associate degrees to Hispanic students (Community College Week). Del Mar College focuses on offering our students programs that match current or emerging career opportunities. Whether students are interested in the fine arts, sciences, business, occupational or technical areas, students get the education they need for the future they want at Del Mar College.