Upcoming Events for August and September 2019
Information is correct at the time of release and supersedes previously released information. For more information about these or other events, contact College Relations at 361-698-1247 Mondays through Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Admissions/Financial Aid Workshops/Deadlines & Registration:
Tuesday and Wednesday, August 20-21
Fall 2019 On-campus Late Registration at Del Mar College
Planning to take credit classes this fall? This is your last chance! On-campus Late Registration for Fall 2019 credit courses is Tuesday, Aug. 20, from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Wednesday, Aug. 21, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Register in the East Campus Harvin Student Center or the West Campus Coleman Center. Online registration is also available. Payment is due Wed., Aug. 21, by 6:30 p.m. First day of classes is Monday, Aug. 26. For more information about registration, visit www.delmar.edu/registration.
- Fall 2019 On-campus Late Registration, Harvin Student Center, Del Mar College East, Ayers and Baldwin, and Coleman Center, West Campus, Old Brownsville and Airport Roads, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20 and 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wed., Aug. 21.
- For more info, call 698-1290 (East Campus) or 698-1741 (West Campus) or 1-800-652-3357, or email email@example.com or visit www.delmar.edu/registration
Monday, August 26
Fall Semester at Del Mar College Begins
First day of credit classes begin at Del Mar College.
Monday, September 2
Labor Day Holiday with Del Mar College Closed
Del Mar College will close in observance of the Labor Day holiday, including the East and West Campuses, the Center for Economic Development and the Northwest Center in Calallen. DMC offices will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 3, with classes resuming normal scheduling.
Monday, September 9
Del Mar College Hosting Financial Aid Workshop
Need assistance completing your financial aid application or have general questions? This Financial Aid workshop will provide prospective students the opportunity to visit with financial aid staff to take a closer look into getting assistance. Representatives will help with the online 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Individuals need to bring their 2017 Tax Return and W-2 forms, verification of untaxed income, social security numbers and permanent resident information. Learn more about the College and get ready to start your dream career.
- Monday, Sept. 9, 10 a.m. to noon, Room 103, White Library, Del Mar College East Campus, Naples off Kosar at Staples, free and open to the public.
- For more information, call 698-1293 or 698-1726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing at Del Mar College
Del Mar College William F. White, Jr. Library Sculpture Gallery
Del Mar College’s White Library Sculpture Gallery is a permanent collection of Library Purchase Award winners from the annual National Drawing and Small Sculpture Show that attracts works from some of the most creative contemporary American artists from across the United States. Over the past 50 years, purchase awards by the Del Mar College Art Program and the William F. White, Jr. Library have built an impressive permanent collection and exhibits approximately 48 works of sculpture collected. The Sculpture Gallery is on display from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays; from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Fridays, AND Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Viewing of the sculpture gallery is free and open to the public. The gallery is also available for viewing online at http://library.delmar.edu/library/gallery/new/galleryhome.html.
- Ongoing, Sculpture Gallery, Fifth Floor, White Library, Del Mar College East Campus, Naples off Kosar at Staples, free.
- For more information about the gallery, call 698-1310 or 698-1308.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 10—October 10
Del Mar College Continuing Education Offering Conversational Spanish Course for Beginners
Hablas Español? No? Interested in learning Spanish? Del Mar College’s Continuing Education is offering the five-week course, SPAN-107N-12067 Conversational Spanish I, scheduled Tuesday and Thursday nights beginning Sept. 10. This course is an introductory Spanish language course and emphasizes listening, comprehension and speaking skills. The class is highly recommended for students without previous experience with the Spanish language. Classes are open to participants age 17 and up. Tuition for all ten classes is $75 with a textbook required.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 10 through Oct. 10, 6 to 8 p.m., Del Mar College Center for Economic Development, 3209 S. Staples, $75 tuition plus textbook cost.
- For more information and to register, contact DMC Continuing Education at 698-1328 or email@example.com.
No events at this time.
No events at this time.
Special Events & Activities:
Saturday, September 28
Eleventh Annual Citywide Health Fair at Del Mar College and Sponsored by the Corpus Christi Chapter of the NAACP and LULAC Council #1
Don’t miss the Eleventh Annual Citywide Health Fair sponsored by the Corpus Christi Chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Council #1. The health fair features area healthcare organizations providing several services ranging from vaccinations for adults, dental oral health screenings and blood sugar checks to Zumba master class, blood pressure tests, wellness and diabetes checks and much more. This event is free and open to the public.
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Del Mar College West Campus, Old Brownsville and Airport Roads, free.
- For more information about the health fair, call 361-698-1700 or local NAACP Chapter President Terry Mills at 548-9489 or NAACP1909@icloud.com.
Student Success Center:
No events/activities scheduled at this time.